Contrary to my last post, 6 Ways to Be Productive This Summer, summer is also the prime time to be able to sit back and relax. Down below, I put together a few ideas for you on how to chill out this summer and take some time to yourself!
- Go Treat Yourself! This past school year, I faced some insanely stressful weeks. I have to admit, treating myself on Fridays was almost a guilty pleasure afterschool once I could drive myself to and from school. Every other Friday (sometimes more often, depending on how crazy stressful my week was), I’d either go get myself Starbucks or ice cream after school. Nothing beats Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream from Baskin Robbins after a stressful week!
- Have a Girls (or Guys!) Day: Call up your friends and invite them over. For me, that meant movie nights or just playing ping pong and talking in my backyard (the latter has been a summer favorite of mine). Friends make everything better, so call them up and have them over for a fun and stress-relieving night.
- Face Masks!! I even have guy friends that have admitted to me they want to try these. I’m a huge fan of peel off masks, especially ones with charcoal in them.
- Write. Now I know lots of you might not be fans of this one, but I’m telling you, it may work better than you think it will. Take five minutes to write out all of your thoughts, literally anything that’s stressing you out, and you may find that it’s strangely therapeutic! Plus, sometimes it’s good to look back on to reassure yourself in the future.
- Take a Nap. Seriously. I know that this is the “typical” teen thing to do, I mean, when are our parents not reprimanding us for sleeping all the time? Naps do actually help out sometimes as long as you’re not someone who gets a headache afterward. Exercise this one with caution.
- Try Baking Something! This one sounds harder than it actually is. Head over to Walmart and grab some of the Pillsbury pre-made cookie dough. This stuff is premade so well to the point that it’s already cut into squares for you to just lay down on a cookie sheet and bake! They’re also foolproof (cue the blooper reel of the time I tried a Pinterest recipe, doubled it, and made 96 cookies. Whoops. I’ll have to show y’all how to make those sometime).
So, now that you’ve heard about to relax, go check out How to Be Productive This Summer if you haven’t already. Do you have any tips or tricks? Just comment them below or DM them to @andthenemma on Instagram! I can’t wait to hear them all! Until next time!
Please remember that this post has gone live remotely and I am at camp without my phone. I will respond to all inquiries ASAP.