I have to admit. I’ve been going through my blog the past couple of weeks and taking a look at everything that I’ve done in the past year. I’ve realized that towards the end of the year, I feel like my blog got a little unauthentic! Some of my posts don’t sound quite like me and they sound like I’m just trying to fit into the blogging community. Some posts sound rushed and I know they’re not the best I could do, and that’s not what I want to do. Yes, I want other people to love my blog, but I want to love my blog, too. So, I’ve decided that this year, my word of the year is AUTHENTIC. I want to be authentically me, and not only in person, but online.
If you took a look at my Instagram that my friends follow, you’d see my “inspiration” posts where I go off on whole tangents which reflect me and what type of person I am. I started to ask myself why I didn’t do that on my blog, and I figured that now is a better time than ever to start. I want to start sharing more of my life with y’all, more of what I love and care about, and less of things I just try to love or show.
This year, I’ll focus more on writing about what I love and sharing that with the world. As I get older and move towards college, I really want my blog to become a home where I can share pieces of my life for people to see, especially with family and friends as I move onto my next stage of life. It’s hard to keep up to date with everyone, so I’m really going to accomplish that with my blog.
I figured I’ll reintroduce myself, so you can really get a good idea of where my blog is going and what I want to do with it. My name is Emma, I’m a lifestyle blogger 110%. I love blogging about advice, faith, school, and camp. Besides blogging, I love writing for a local magazine and channelkindness.org. I’m a junior and starting to narrow in on college applications, so I’ll definitely be sharing about that soon. I can’t wait to share more of that with you all this year as I strive to be more authentic.
Alright, enough of that! Onto my resolutions:
- Try to keep my room clean. I’ve never been good at this, because I come home and throw everything onto my floor. I feel that if I actually keep my room clean, I’ll get much more done.
- Read everyday. Reading is something I really love and I’ve been reading nonstop over winter break. I always love a good autobiography or true crime novel. If you have any book suggestions, please let me know, I’m always adding to my list!
- Post at least once a week. This may seem easy, but for me, it’s a struggle sometimes to balance my freelance writing work (for magazines) with my blog work. I desperately want to become more consistent with my blog this year!
- Focus on skincare. This is another thing that I am the absolute worst at. I’ve started using a new skincare brand called Bliss so hopefully I’ll be more motivated to work on that this year.
- Take a break day each week. I’m going to try my hardest to give myself a night off each week! I can do this.
There we go! I hope that you’re excited for the future of And Then Emma. This is going to be a year focused on self-improvement and blog improvement, and I’m ecstatic to get started. Until next time!