Let’s be real here… not many of us actually end up keeping our New Year’s Goals and Resolutions. I can’t even remember the ones that I made earlier this year! Seriously! That’s why I decided to bring you a few ways that you can make and keep your New Year’s Goals… I’m going to be putting these same things in practice this year, so we’ll all see how it goes together! For this post, I’m going to act as if I’m creating a goal of being on social media less!
- Keep Your Goals to Little, Attainable Things – I mean, seriously, you aren’t going to be able to all-of-the-sudden cut Instagram completely out of your life (okay, maybe you are, and you’re absolutely amazing), but what you can do is cancel your addiction to social media.
- Set Specific Goals – For example, I’m going to choose to only be on Instagram one hour per day. It seems like a lot, but that’s very little for anyone nowadays.
- Write it Down – Something that helps me is putting sticky notes to remind myself EVERYWHERE! Maybe you should put a sticky note on your phone case reminding you, or write it down in a journal (like this SUPER cute one I’m currently using from @theartsyprepster) to keep track of how many days you’re achieving your goal!
4. Set a Reminder – There are seriously so many apps out there to remind you of your goals and keep you accountable. One of my favorites is “Way Of Life” which checks in on you everyday and gives you a color-coded chart to see throughout the year how many times you achieved your goal!
5. Don’t Get Discouraged If You Miss a Day – Don’t be too hard on yourself! If you miss a day or mess up on your goal, don’t give up! Keep working at it and get back on track. Many of us lose our goals because we give up in the first month or so. Don’t let yourself be discouraged by one small mistake.
6. Reward Yourself! – Why would you ever want to challenge yourself if there wasn’t a light at the end of the tunnel? Whether it’s candy, a night out, going to a movie, or anything else, make sure you choose to motivate yourself with a resort!
Below I’ve listed a few other ideas for New Year’s Resolutions in case you’re looking for some inspiration! Be sure to comment yours too!
Reading one book per month // Blogging at least once a week // Cutting Out Social Media (I cut out snapchat this year!) // Try a new dance class or online class // Take a new elective in school // Drink more water // Host a monthly movie night for friends
There you have it! Let me know what you’re going to accomplish this year, I can’t wait to see what you all do!